Friday, October 3, 2008

Reoccuring

I keep having the variations of the same dream.

For some reason, I am taking classes at my high school, Abraham Lincoln High School. The school generally looks like its supposed to and even the hallways are pretty accurate.

Sometimes I am 16(ish) again, but often times I am my real age. The odd thing though, is for various reason, I am not attending classes. For like days at a time. And I realize that if I go back to class, the teacher will be mad at me and I will be lost in the content, but then if I don't go back, I won't be able to pass the class. Its very nerve-racking.

Emily said its probably because its fall and the start of school, but I've been having these dreams for months.

Last night's dream had a new variation. I still wasn't going to class and I knew I needed to in order to graduate. Then it occurred to me that I had gone and gotten two college degrees without my high school diploma. How was that possible? I must be doing it backwards! Then I thought, no, I'm pretty sure I did get my diploma already. So why was I back at school?

I think my self was trying to tell itself not to fret, this was just a silly dream.

I'm thinking that my mind is trying to work something out and so therefore there is some strange meaning behind the high school dream....I'm just not sure what it is yet. Until then, I'll just close my eyes and let my subconscious do what it needs to do.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

ok I am not making this up...I have had this same type of dream probably a hundred times. Usually in my dreams it is the end of the semester and I realize that I never attended a class and there's no way I can make it up! Sometimes I am at AL, sometimes Kirn, Bloomer, or even ISU. It is really freaky because during the dream you are convinced that you will fail the class and that is the worst feeling ever!

And yeah at some point in my dream I remember that I graduated college, but the teachers always say "well you technically never finished 4th grade, so it doesn't count". That is so weird that you have this same dream!

Sometimes I think you are reading my mind, seriously it's scary.