Friday, October 17, 2008

Ramblings

I am sitting all alone at work and while I have plenty to do, I have no motivation to get anything done at this moment. I have spent the last 30 minutes reading various blogs and looking up random things online. Then I decided I should blog myself.

(More time wasting...)

Thursday night is my TV night. Its really the only night of the week that I must be home and sitting in front of the boob tube for two hours. I start with Ugly Betty and continue with Grey's Anatomy. Last night was no exception.

My first comment is that there were excessive amounts of commercial breaks and they weren't all that long. I let Ellie out and thought I'll go get her during the next break. I picked up a snack when I walked through the kitchen and by the time I got back to my room, the show had already started back and within 4 minutes it was commercial time again! Oh for pete's sake! And my house is not big! Ellie probably hadn't even finished sniffing yet, which meant she hadn't yet gone to the bathroom! So I left her out for another 4 minutes until the next commercial break and raced back to my room to catch the remainder of the show. Multiple times I missed that first minute or two after the commercials. It seemed like there was 4 minutes of show and then 1 minute of commercial. Seriously!? Is that necessary? What happened to the days of 7 minute commercial breaks?! (or so they seemed when I was 10)

Grey's Anatomy cracked me up last night. Well specifically the Dermatology Department. One by one the residents ended up on the couch in the waiting room of the Dermatology Department because it was quiet and soothing and they had fruity water. It cracked me up how they sat in awe watching and observing the non-chaotic lifestyle. Specifically Christina. Then there was the whole scene where Bailey cornered Callie and gave her a sex talk. "The vah-jay-jay is undiscovered country..." Catch a clip here. I was also glad to see Izzy finally stand up to Alex, who's been an ass lately. Definately not one of the best episodes, but a good one none the less.

Speaking of soothing places though...my job is generally not considered soothing. Each week, 750 kids (mostly under 8) come running through here and sometimes scream and cry and talk real loud....sometimes I can't hear the phone. It is not soothing. This week has been worse due to the registration deadline. I don't know why people can't just turn things in on time and not be annoying. Thankfully, this time around, there has been extra help in the office and it has not all fallen back on me. I am calmer this time. May have to do with the pills too. Today however, there is not one single person in the building (there were a few earlier, but now classes are over until 330 and everyone else has decided to leave). It is REALLY quiet. Almost errie, but after the chaos of this past week, I am enjoying it. I had the radio on earlier, but turned it off so I could just enjoy the silence.

Listen to that. Nothing. Ahhhh.

Its nice for about an hour and then I get ansy. I need something going on. I'll probably get the deposit ready and go run errands. That sounds good. Gets me out too. Plus I have to be here tomorrow and that does not thrill me, but I just tell myself the extra money will be nice!

No comments: