Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My House Is Way Cuter

I went back to CB (Council Bluffs, IA for those of you who don't know) this weekend. Since my parents are moving to Idaho and my brother just moved out, I didn't really have a choice of where I was going to sleep. Zach had taken the extra bed to his new house, so I had to sleep at his place. Let me just state that Zach just bought his first house on Wednesday, so he just moved in and he has a roommate who was moving in Friday afternoon. So this is a house that two males under the age of 25 live in. Ugh. I've been in frat houses before...I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be much different. But he was sooo excited for me to come stay at his house, so whatever, I can suck it up and stay for two nights.

I head to my parents house first (Zach is off galavanting somewhere) and end up having dinner with my dad then heading off to Omaha to pick up my mom from a UNMC reunion. It was odd to go into that house since all the ladies in there have been friends with my mom since I was 2. I've seen them randomly over the years, but it had been a while. It felt a bit strange to sit and have a glass of wine with them while they were talking their "grown up talk." I still felt 10 and out of place.

Anyway, Zach called to say he was home as we were walking out to the car. He gave me directions and started talking a little about his house. About this time he tells me there are 41 steps to his front door. WTF!?! I don't really believe him or understand how you could have 41 steps in front of your house. So, when we get back to CB, I head over to Zach's new house.

This is what I pull up to (though its like 12:30am, so its actually dark...):


So yeah, lots of steps. Then I walk in the house and have to walk up ANOTHER giant set of steps to get to "my" room. Yikes. It is good that two young males are going to live in this house...especially with winter coming up!

So then I get the tour of the rest of the house. Uh! So not fair. His house is way cuter than my house! The people who owned the house before him basically redid a lot and fixed up basically everything. So he's got a new kitchen, new light fixtures, refinished floors, etc. Its pretty. Not fair.

But we'll see what it looks like after two months of two boys (read pigs) live there.

No comments: