Tuesday, March 3, 2009

That pesky number...

It is Tuesday. Which means that it is Biggest Loser night. Which means I am gearing up by making me some delicious food so I can sit my bum down in front of the TV and watch the two hour show.

I do have to admit that generally I try to stretch or exercise or get on the Eliptical for at least part of the show as to not feel too lazy.

While I love the Biggest Loser, I have to say that I believe it is skewing our view of what is normal and what is not. After a recent doctor's visit, I declared to myself that I need to lose that 10 pounds that have somehow latched themselves to my body. After watching The Biggest Loser, I feel like I should be able to do this in about two weeks.

Why you may ask is that my time frame? The contestants consistently pull numbers like 10, 12, or at least 6. I know I don't have as many extra pounds as they do, so I figure I can't drop 10 in a week, but shouldn't I be able to do it quickly? They do!

Then I remember that they work out like 8-10 hours a day and have Bob or Jillian yelling at them to keep going. I don't.

Maybe I should see if they'd let me visit "the ranch" for just a week. Just one. Its just a pesky little 10 pounds.

Unfortunately, I know that I have to make an effort to eat better and exercise more frequently. And that realistically it will take a couple months at the least. Bah. I want my instant gratification that we have become so accustomed to!

No comments: