Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bits and Thoughts

Just like it says up there, today I am going to share some of the random thoughts going on up there...

Missing Florida Kids
Why are they always from Florida when the National news gets involved? Originally, I figured it hit the national circuit because the people had money...but did you see this last guy? I don't think that family comes from money. A note to those parental units...it is not okay to go out and party and get drunk OR to get married when your child is missing! What are you people thinking?!? Seriously!

Biggest Loser
I am watching the weigh-in as I write this. Very emotional and very inspirational. I cry nearly every episode. Ron and Mike get me every time. I am so impressed with that young guy. And I thoroughly enjoy that this season they are not "playing the game," but rather helping each other out and supporting the people who need it most. Technically, Ron should have been gone a long time ago, but obviously he is someone who needs to be on the ranch more than most people. I appreciate that the other contestants have not voted him off yet. Props to all of them.

Vegas
Yay. I'm going to Vegas with Emily in April! I really don't care if we do much more than hang out at the pool and sip on some drinks. I just want to get away. And who better to do that with than your best friend. Hopefully, its hot and sunny the entire time!

St Patty's Day
A friend today commented "I think it's cute that the Irish have an entire day to party. Of course, we Germans have an entire month. Talk to me in October." Good point.

Birthdays
I hit 28 a few days ago. Yikes. I did okay for most of the day until I realized there was no big fanfare any more. I'm old(er) and so are my friends and we don't get together and go out with a big bang like we used to. Maybe I just need some new young friends. :) Naw. I actually had a very good weekend. I did have to bake my own cake (yellow with chocolate frosting if you're curious) but I figure I know then it is the cake I want and it will taste good. As long as I always get a delicious cake and a few phone calls, birthdays can keep on coming.

Ellie
I have the cutest dog in the world. The cutest. I love her to excess. Just look at her. I thank God everyday that she came into my life. How lucky am I?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh...so first of all yellow cake with chocolate frosting is my FAVORITE! That and confetti cake and frosting...yum! Maybe you introduced me to yellow cake when we were little or something, who knows.

Secondly, I have missed quite a few Biggest Loser episodes this season, but I watched last night and I bawled at the end! I was also pretty upset with that blonde lady that ate a cookie for Tara costing her $10,000. What a B!

And yes your dog is adorable! I think that everyone should have some sort of pet. They just make life complete!