Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Goes to....

Out of convenience, I generally blog on Sundays, since it seems to be the day where I have the least to do and can easily fit in some blogger time. However, this past Sunday I was rather busy, thus no time to post.

The beginning of my day consisted of going in to work to run a birthday party. Sounds easy enough. Basically it is...if you're in shape. Rather than just cut and feed the kids some cake, I had to set up the gym and then show the kids what to do and take them around. Again, sounds easy enough. Except that I'm SOOOO out of shape. I'm moving mats and setting up circuits AND huffing and puffing. Seriously, that is not necessary. Between parties, I decided to swing on the rings. Smooth. All day Monday it hurt to lift my arms. I didn't even know those muscles could get sore! The parties went rather well and I think the kids enjoyed themselves, but for the next few days, any time I stood up, I was reminded of how out of shape I really am.

Gotta fix that.
*Note to self...get on that damn eliptical machine more often!

Needless to say, I was fairly exhausted when I got home. I mosied around the house for a while and then plopped myself down in the spare room to watch the tiny tv. And on came the Oscars Pre Show! Ohhhh! This is my SuperBowl. MyIndy 500. My WWE RAW Wrestling (yeah, I don't know).

After watching for about 5 minutes, I realized I had no one to dish to. Rob could care less if the dress that Jessica Beal was wearing was atrocious. In fact he would probably say she's hot anyway. So, I texted Em to see if she was watching. I quickly received a text back informing me she was and than I should sign on MSN so we could discuss and gossip through the show. Instantly, I grabbed my computer and while it was booting up, I also grabbed some chips and dip and a large glass of water and settle my arse in for a fabulous night.

We discussed the fashion, the hair, the couples, the movies and of course the surrounding celebrity gossip whilst the show went on. It was a blast! When we had a question about why Heath wasn't in the tribute video, Em Wikipedia'd that and found out he died a month before the show last year. When we were scared by Sofia Loren, Em checked out just how old she was. She also Wiki'd random other people and provided bits and pieces of trival knowledge throughout the show.

What a fun night. I enjoyed much of the actual show itself. The way in which previous winners presented some of the big awards was so creative. I couldn't imagine being some of those nominees and having some of the biggest names in the business telling you how awesome you are. Wow. And of course the fashion hits and misses. Beyonce, yuck. Anne Hathaway, gorgeous...oh, and will you be my friend.

If I could have lunch with any two stars, it would be Anne and Natalie Portman. I think we'd make an awesome trio.

No comments: