Sunday, February 15, 2009

Its Pouring

Well when it rains, it pours. I complained last entry that not much was happening in my life. I was somewhat bored. Well that seems to have changed. Not all for the good either.

Friday was such a big day, that I really don't remember much prior to it.

It technically started Thursday night and blew up Friday afternoon. To not divulge all the details, I will just say that a lot of money was stolen from work and I was the last one to have it in my hands. Obviously, I did not steal it, but someone did and we have no idea who did it. I spent Friday afternoon explaining it to my boss, other managers and the police. It was crazy. It makes me sick to my stomach because more than likely it was a coworker. Ugh. What a world. The boss made everyone attend an emergency meeting on Saturday and said if it was returned she wouldn't press charges...so hopefully it gets returned and it takes care of itself.

So, I finally get home Friday around 6:30pm and Rob and I were going to grab some food. Rob told me to come in first instead of just picking him up, so I walked up to the door and found a rose and a note.

Let me just state that Rob and I had previously been talking about how I was missing the "mushy" gene that most women have. I don't get overly emotional with him and I'm not a fan when others do either. When most women would say "oh thats sweet," I'd say "Seriously?" Not a fan of the cheese either. Show me you care, don't tell me in a lovey tone with puppy dog eyes. So anyway, normally I might have jokingly gagged at the rose, but I was intrigued to see what was ahead.

He had set up a scavenger hunt through the house. I had to follow flowers and notes throughout the house that eventually lead me out to the back shed. When I opened the shed, there were more flowers and a note stating this was the end and there wasn't anything under the blanket. I wasn't expecting anything, so I figured I got a lot of flowers. Rob laughed and said there was something there. I pulled off the blanket and was able to tell in the dim light that it was a jewelry armoire.
I have ALWAYS wanted one! I was so excited! Apparently, I'm not all out of the mush gene. Some of it showed up and I was able to fully appreciate the whole situation. After my shitty day, he made an effort (apparently two hours worth) and put in some thought and gave me a present that meant something to me. It was sweet. It was nice. I was impressed.

I have tons of stuff to fill it with. Some cheap play jewelry and some nice stuff. Now I want more to put in it! :) I started going through the various boxes and places where my jewelry had come to rest over the last couple moves. I was excited to get it all in one place and visible so I could use it. However, during some digging, I found some pieces that are best left hidden. Nothing too sentimental, just ugly and out of date. Guess its time to go through and donate some of that stuff! Too bad none of its gold...I could send it to Cash 4 Gold!

No comments: