Monday, August 11, 2008

Lost Thoughts

I had big plans to write of the rest of my weekend, but I got caught up in Facebook.


Damn you Facebook. You are the stealer of my time.

Anyway, today someone Friend Requested me and I thought the name looked familiar, but was not 100% sure who she was. After searching the photos and checking for any Mutual Friends and still not having any luck, I turned to an old friend....my senior year book. Eeks. I haven't pulled it out in forever! As I was looking for this person in the book, I came across some photos of me, so I ran in to show Rob. He then pulled it out of my hands and skimmed through the whole thing. Then he proceeded to read some of the things people had written in it. Yeah haven't done that in something like 8 years! In fact, some of the people who signed my book, we couldn't read their signatures and it took me a second to recall their names. Yikes. Does that mean I'm getting old? Am I beginning to forget high school and the people it included?

Anyway, I digress. It was fun to look through the book. I am amazed at how young everyone looks. Its just nuts. We all look like babies! I so want to be able share some of the pages with you people. We also all look rather unattractive. I really don't think the black and white headshots do anyone any justice. Seriously. Not good.

My mom brought pretty much all my belongings to me last time she came up...including all books...photo albums and yearbooks included. I found the tub they are in, but have yet to dig in. I really can't wait. But I figure I should wait for a rainy day to spend in the basement.

As for Facebook though, its been fun to find people I went to high school with. I mean there are a few I keep in touch with, but I've found a lot on there that I'd completely lost but used to be fairly good friends with. Then there are those I don't recall...such as my new "Friend." In fact, I never found them in my yearbook either. I think everyone should have to post their high school picture on their profile. It would just make it easier. :)

*Even though it would be embarrassing, I really would post a picture of me from high school, but I don't have any on my computer. I'd have to dig and scan. Perhaps thats my other rainy day project.

No comments: