Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Garden

I've always wanted a garden. Always. With Tomatoes and Basil and other delicious items. After my mom and grandma came, I was inspired to dig in. I dug up a spot in the back yard that I thought would get enough light and thus began my garden. :)

I started with 6 plants. Tomato, Cucumber, Yellow Pepper, Strawberry, Basil and Catnip (for Teeka). They started all rather small and I was excited to watch them grow.

So was Teeka.

So the above was taken not too long after I planted. See the plant behind Teeka...thats a cucumber. See how small it is? It is not that way anymore. No one told me that thing grows ENORMOUS! It took over the garden! Its crazy. As the plants grew, Rob started to get excited about it. He started calling himself a gardener, but I pointed out all he did was watch. That is not gardening. So a couple weeks ago, with the cucumber exploding out of my little patch, Rob and I went and tilled up some more of the yard to make the garden larger. With Rob excited, we went and got a few more plants...a green pepper and a jalepeno pepper plant.

Last week we were out and noticed our veggies were popping up left and right! So exciting.

The Cucumbers

The Tomatoes

Jalepeno
The Green Pepper

1 comment:

david. said...

ha, love the picture of Teeka huffing the catnip plant :)