Friday, July 25, 2014

It's a Cute Shoe Kind of Week

Sometimes getting dressed is overwhelming to me.

Have I mentioned I am not a morning person?   

I try to figure out what I'm going to wear the night before, but it doesn't always happen. And sometimes I'll decide on something at night and in the morning I look at it and am disgusted with it. I know. I have issues.

On Monday morning I was staring at my closet trying to decide what to wear and declared that choosing pants AND a shirt was too much, so I went for the easy option: a dress.  I love me a dress.  It is one simple piece and I don't have to think too hard. I picked out a comfortable and cute dress and decided that I needed to wear my nude heels with it.

Side note here: I work in a very casual office.  Half the staff wears khaki pants and the other half jeans.  Usually, I follow suit and wear casual pants and ballet flats.  So when I wear a dress, even a casual maxi, I stand out a bit. 

But I decided I would dress up.  Plus I had to perform our orientation for new hires on Monday, so I wanted to put on a good front for myself and the company.

Then on Tuesday I decided I would wear my new salmon blazer.  I love the color!  And then I thought, I'm gonna wear my new shoes...my pretty heels!  And at that point, I declared that it would be shoe week! Everyday this week, I would wear a fun pair of shoes that have gotten lost in the depths of my closet and the recesses of the basement (where my overstock is stored). I love a good bargain shoe and have a stack of amazing heels that I have paid less then $20 each for.  Most of the time, they stay in their box, hidden away since I've stuck with mainly flats. But not this week!  This week, they will be front and center of what I wear!

Monday: Classic Nude Heels
Found the receipt in the box...they were $20.99!


Tuesday: Coral Cute Outs
Got these this winter on clearance.  The receipt said $10.99!



Wednesday: Sassy Pink Sparkles
I got these the day before my wedding with another pair.  I couldn't decide which to wear down the aisle.  I chose the others...they were a blue/teal ballet flat. But this pair was only $15!


Thursday: Strappy Leather Sandals
I can't remember when I bought these but I remember LOVING them.  They made me feel sassy!  


Friday: Sunny Sparkles
I also bought these thinking they might be good wedding shoes, but they did not go with the dress at all!  But they were clearance shoes so I couldn't return them, so I decided to just wear them!

Ohhh, I love shoes!  Because I went digging through the shoes I don't wear often and brought them all into my room, it currently looks like Macy's shoe department after a busy Saturday sale.  Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

No comments: