Thursday, July 24, 2014

Be Positive



Sometimes, 

Nope, I take that back.

You should always surround yourself with positivity.  Sure, it isn't easy, but do your best.  



Over the last few years I have really come to understand that removing the negative people from your life and surrounding yourself with positive people can really make a difference. I'm not sure if I just didn't notice when I was younger, or I just wasn't friends with Negative Nancy then, but something in the last few years has caught my attention. I'm not saying that I can only be around people who are happy all the time, but people with a positive outlook makes a difference!  I realized that being around unhappy people started making me unhappy.  If they're putting everyone else down, they're probably putting me down too!  Their crabbiness rubbed off on me. 


 

It is exhausting: being cranky and crabby.  I always feel like once I start going down that path, it is so easy to just keep going that way. Getting out of that funk and finding the positive takes some work, but man, I realized it is so worth it! It starts with getting away from the people who keep you down and finding people who have that positive attitude. Their attitude starts to rub off and you start feeling better pretty quickly.  And when you feel better, you find more things that make you happy, which improves your mood. 

See above.  


 Surrounding myself with a good group of friends and coworkers though has helped me become a better person.  Not just to others, but to myself.  I feel better and I do better.  

There's no magic spell to do it, you just have to find those people who make you feel good and make you happy and gravitate toward them.  Spend more time with them and less time with people who leave you feeling empty. Need to find more? Try finding a volunteer group; their members are usually focused more on helping then putting people down.  Whoever it is, just remember, surround yourself with people who make you happy as it will make you happy!



No comments: