Monday, July 21, 2014

Best Day Ever

Did you know yesterday was National Ice Cream Day?  I could have sworn there was one earlier in the year, but apparently not...apparently I made the other one up.  Can you blame me?  But seriously, it was National Ice Cream Day!  I made the husband take me out for some...really had to twist his arm too! 
What I didn't tell him was that I had actually purchased some Klondike bars earlier in the day! Ha!  But they are sitting comfortably in our freezer, waiting for me to come home and devour them!
I am an ice cream freak.  Especially when it gets warm outside.  I would be happy to eat it every day.  And then I start thinking of all the calories and fat and bad stuff.  On those days I buy sherbert or lemon ice.  Seriously. I'm addicted.

Favorites: 

Off the shelf: Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
Oh my goodness! The chocolate ice cream is amazing, the swirls of caramel and marshmallow add dimension and the chocolate fish make for a delightful crunch! I'm drooling just thinking about it!


Best Fast Food Ice Cream: Culver's Chocolate Frozen Custard
I know, it's not really ice cream, but its darn close!  Oh, the smooth texture of their frozen custard is amazing.  I know they have a million flavors, but I like to keep it simple with the chocolate base and a scoop of crushed Heath on top.  Mmmmm.

Sherbert/Sorbet: Kroger's Private Selection Pomegranate Acai & Blueberry Sorbetto
I am not a fan of super sweet stuff. I really like this Sorbet because it is cold and delicious and has just the right amount of sweetness.  If you like sweeter stuff, their Strawberry flavor is pretty good too.  It's about half the price and half the calories and still satisfies my cold craving in the summer, so I try to have a carton or two in the fridge during this time of year!

I'm pretty lucky that I live in a town that apparently really likes ice cream too!  There are a ton of local places that have delicious options!  If you want a creamy and yummy homemade flavor, check out the Spotted Cow!  If you want a large serving mixed with a variety of treats, check out the Ice Cream Shack (it may be in the ghetto, but as long as you go during the day, you're fine!)! Theo's and Emo's are great neighborhood shacks where you can't go wrong with a twist dip cone!  Emack & Bolio's opened a new location near my work and I have yet to visit...need to fix that!  In addition, there is this fantastic little Mexican ice creamery Las Delicias that has unique flavors and fresh made ice cream bars in all sorts of flavors!

Mmmm!  All this writing about ice cream has made me hungry!  I'm going to have to eat some now.  Would it be wrong to stop and get some on the way home when I have Klondike bars in the freezer?

No comments: