Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Can See Cleary Now...

Sometimes you miss something for so long that you build it up to be this great and amazing thing that is missing from your life. And then sometimes you get it back, or part of it back, for maybe just a moment, and you realize its not as good as you remember.

I feel like a lot of times, failed relationships fall into this category. Doesn't matter who broke up with who or how long its been, but sometimes we tend to remember only the good parts and build those up. But then you run into your ex and remember why you broke up...that yes, the good was good, but there was a reason for the break up.

And sometimes it comes as a moment of clarity. God bless moments of clarity. Sometimes, I'm just driving down the street and I suddenly realize something...maybe its that I'm finally over him, or that I'm actually happy with what I've got. But it just comes out of the blue. And its like suddenly the sun comes shinning through the clouds and I can breath better.

And sometimes, that moment of clarity is just what to make for dinner.

No comments: