Monday, September 15, 2008

My 1/2 Birthday

Yesterday (Sunday) was my 1/2 birthday. I figure its a good excuse to eat good food and have some cake. :) Everyone knows I LOVE cake. Specifically, yellow cake (from a box) and chocolate frosting. Mmmmmm. I'm drooling over here.

So anyway...I was watching Rachael Ray when I was bored a couple weeks ago and was sucked in by some delicious looking food she was making. I watched and drooled and by the end I declared that I would find that recipe and make it. It didn't seem like it would be too hard.

Cooking for two is better than cooking for one, but even that isn't all that exciting. Having people over and cooking all together is even better! So I declared that in order to make this recipe, I would like to have guests over. AND since my half birthday was coming up and on a Sunday, I declared that would be the day!

So, the point is, we invited Elizabeth and John over to celebrate (i.e., EAT). This delicious meal consisted of italian sausage meatballs with centers of mozzarella, roasted broccoli, homemade cheesy pepper mashed potatoes, and of course cake. :) Actually two. I made the yellow cake with chocolate frosting and Elizabeth and John brought a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. Mmmmmm. It was delicious. Soooo good! I am really proud of my meal and that I have been trying new things lately. Yay me!

So happy half birthday to me. I am 1/2 a year closer to 30. I try not to think about that though. I've still got some time. Besides, its just a number!

No comments: