Monday, September 28, 2009

Running in Circles

A lot of my friends have started running races. Like real ones. Where you actually run a rediculous amount of miles.

I'm guessing you know how I feel about that. I am not a runner. The thought makes my nose crinkle in dissatisfaction.

I don't know when or why I became so appalled to running. Its silly. Every once in a great while, I will try to convince myself that it is not that bad. That running would be good for me and would be a great stress reliever. But then I walk outside and think...naw, I'll just walk.

I'm not opposed to excercise in general. I did participate in the MS Bike Ride last summer...which was like 80 miles over two days. I like my eliptical.

Running just exhausts me. Even just watching.

But there's still something inside me that wants to be able to say..."Yeah, I just ran a 5K. No biggie."

2 comments:

Miss Mocity said...

OMG I feel the same way. I think if I tried to run I'd make it about a block before feeling like my chest was going to explode. I just don't get running. But... I secretly wish I did get running and LIKED it. I'd be way skinnier.

Kristin said...

I have found that I really like running on a treadmill, but not so much outside. I can't figure out what the difference is! It should be more fun to run outside because there is scenery and a breeze, but once I start running I just want to walk. When I'm on the treadmill I can go on forever. Very strange...