Sunday, April 12, 2009

Vegas Baby!

I needed a vacation. Like bad. I just needed to get out of Central Illinois and not have to think about anything. I really wanted to go to a beach and just sit on it and soak up some sun. I wanted my biggest decision of the day to be "what am I going to drink today?"

However, apparently everyone has the same idea in March/April. Stupid people. So the condo things were all booked up down South. Emily declared she would come with me, so we just had to find a place and a weekend. Finally, we settled on Las Vegas!
While it wasn't the warm sunny beaches of Florida or Aruba, it also wasn't Central Illinois, so therefore it was pretty darn good. Some how we ended up there on a 'cold' weekend and the temps the first two days didn't get above 65. Slightly unfortunate. We did however have a indoor heated pool and hot tub, which we took advantage of.

We did A LOT of walking up and down the strip and just taking it all in. Saturday night we went to go see LOVE by Cirque du Soleil. It was pretty darn awesome! I would love to see some more of the shows. It was just cool. I highly suggest seeing a Cirque du Soleil of some type if you can.

There is honestly so much to do out there that we atually had to make a conscious effort to sit down and gamble. And it was more to get the free drinks than to really gamble. Of course we hit the penny slots. :) In the end, Emily finished $5 up and I was out a whole $7. To prove we did so, the following:


It was an awesome trip and I only wish it could have lasted a few more days! I can't wait for the next trip.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay! I didn't know that you blogged too! I am sadly addicted to blogs. I'm glad that you and Emily had fun in Vegas - you both look great!